Wednesday, March 26, 2008

V for Vendetta (all of it)

So, i have now read ALL of V for Vendetta and am ready to converse with my peers about the awesomeness of this work of art. I sat down, today, well Wednesday evening, and read the book in its entirety. From the beginning of the novel, it grabbed me and kept my attention. It took me 4 solid hours of reading to finish it, my day was empty, but i did it and loved every minute of it.

Though parts of it were confusing at times, naturally, I understood most of it and followed along with the plot. there were certain parts of it that made me feel sympathy for the characters, like Mrs. almond with her husband beating her and belittling her in public. there were many strange relation ships that made me raise an eyebrow to them, but nonetheless intriguing.

"V" in the novel created charters within his foundation of solidly rooted facts and blips of knowledge that he spouted with every line of his dialogue. Did this tragic hero of the book deserve to die in the end? The opinions of that question are long and varied, but usually have good argument. some say that "V" was in fact the hero of the book, while others argue the opposite direction and say that he was a narrated villan with nothing better to do than blurt out his own opinion and pass it off as fact.

Though negatively connotated, anarchy is just organized rebellion. i believe that "V" was the tragic hero of this piece and he gave the book a sense of vitality and fervor that a lot of comics tend to lose sight of while in the beginning processes. this had so many different view points that got so involved that i had to read much of it more that twice to fully comprehend, but i am definitely looking forward to comparing the movie to the comic.

1 comments:

Jem said...

Of course V is the hero. He is the hero of the people. He was only the villian of the government that was bent ont keeping everything "pure". He gave the people hope for change and based on the ending i'd like to say it will happen.
Now deserve to die no I don't think so. As you saw he didn't even bother to put up a fight. I mean he let Mr. Finch shoot him. Finch even said he could have killed him if he wanted to. I think V knew that his time to be V was over. It was time for a new V to take over for the new era.
That's why V was such a good novel. It has so many different answers.