Sunday, May 4, 2008

V for Vendetta Part One

So I had all of these written out for awhile now, so I'll just throw them all out here right now

So I guess I should say V for Vendetta starts off with a bang, right? I'm loving the gritty, mature undertone of the novel. It's great to read a novel, especially a graphic novel, openly discuss the ideas of anarchy, and actually following through with such radical plans. What's interesting to me are some of the colors that they opted to use in some of the frames to show perhaps important events or locations. For example, while talking in the room with fate in the first few pages, Sutler is this eerie purplish-blue tint that gives off the sense of being surrounded by computer lights. It's subtleties like that that really stand out from a visual standpoint for me. As for the plot at this point, it's a little all over the place. Personally, I'm having a little trouble remembering all of the character's names, which really screws up the flow of the story for me. But the plot so far is still great. V seems like a true anti-hero in the sense that while his ideals and motives are for the greater good, the execution is with a complete disregard to morality and human life. The maturation of Evey from the beginning to the middle of the novel is interesting to note as well. It's even noticeable graphically and through certain actions involving Gordon. Anyway, minus the skipping around, I'm really enjoying the novel.

0 comments: