Tuesday, January 29, 2008

understanding comics 1 and 2

I have never heard the term Juxtaposed before, I think it is a cool word. I found it interesting the history of the comic and how it dates back to very ancient times. It is funny also how he explains that when he was younger he got made fun of for reading comics and how they were “un-cool”.


The history of illustrations was intriguing and i havent thought about how far back it goes in time. Comics and illustrations are being used more and more today in things but we just dont see them as comics. It was wierd that the egyptians didnt even just read form right to left but diagnoly.

3 comments:

patrickburns said...

It seems a little lacking. It looks like you got the basic idea, but I think you should have explained a little more. What's YOUR interpretation as well as the main idea?

Unknown said...

I agree, i was really interested in seeing the correlation between the modern graphic novel and historical versions of "sequential art" all the way back to the Egyptians.

Nikolee said...

I get excited every time I see the word or any form of juxtapostion, becuase it has always been the one literary term that I don't confuse with any other literary term. So, basically I got really excited when that was in the defintion, becuase i knew if I forgot every other part I would remeber it need to be Juxatposed. I also liked how he mentioned reading comics was "un-cool" when he was younger, I think it makes the piece more relatable.I thought the history part was enlightening as well