Friday, January 25, 2008

Vocab of Comics

In the Vocab of Comics, the author really tries to get the reader to think in a new light, and we see that very early in the reading, regarding the pictures and how they aren't really the things they represent, but just pictures. It puts the reader in a different frame of mind, one of looking at something from a different point of view. Another interesting thing I gathered was with the lack of detail in comics. It always used to frustrate me, but when McCloud explained why this was done- to allow the reader to see themselves in the picture, it made sense to me.

2 comments:

Jewels said...

With comics not being too detailed, I didn't like to read comics. I liked to either have to imagine the whole story in my head (*like in a novel) or have the pictures layed out for me (*movie).

Nikolee said...

I like how the lack of etail allows the reader to bring their own flair to the character