Friday, March 28, 2008

Second 100 pgs of V for Vendetta

I continue to love this novel with the next one hundred pages. The storyline is done so well that the reader has difficulty putting the book down. That is how it is for me at least. There are a lot of questions that arise as I am reading through the text and they don’t usually get answered as time goes on. One thing that I found confusing is V’s monologue that he gives when he is on the air. What is the purpose behind this action? And what is V trying to say to all those watching? What is his message? Another part that I had similar thoughts on is when he is playing the piano and singing. I don’t quite understand what he means by the words he sings. Maybe V’s thoughts are too intellectual for me to grasp. He just might be too crazy for me to understand. Half the time that he is talking I don’t know what he is saying, but at least I am not the only one. Evey seems to have a similar struggle as myself. Most of the time that V speaks he is quoting something from some obscure book that I have never heard of. However, part of my draw to the book comes from this feeling of mystery. The unknown is intriguing and I desire to grasp it. I am attracted to V’s character (not in a romantic way) because there are so many mysteries about him. Who is the man behind the mask? Where did he come from? What was he like as a child? What’s with the creepy maddening smile? Where did he learn all that he knows?

1 comments:

mccallgrimes said...

the unknown is sooo interesting like you said and it just pulls the reader in for more