Tuesday, March 25, 2008

V for Vendetta 2

I still like the movie better.
The book is interesting, but I'm still having a hard time trying to remember who everyone is. I mean the whole relationship between Evey and Gordon is completely different. I think it's kind of strange how this late middle aged man is having "romantic relations" with a 17 year-old girl. That's just doesn't settle well with me. I had much more respect for the Gordon in the movie who had his own small collection like V, and who was just a friend to Evey.
From about page 195 to 202 I was confused. I mean I thought that V was talking to Evey, but there is no reason she would have a wig on . I also wasn't sure who was buying the handgun. Also who was the lady getting out of her bath and being a tease to the guy drying her off?

2 comments:

f.v said...

i agree, teh hwole gordon and every romantic relationship... quite disturbing. Yeah, although the movie is based int he graphic novel the movie is awesoem and well it is far les confusing than the novel and eventhough it takes out certain events it tries to keep the mopst important ones

Unknown said...

That section was pretty confusing.. and who that lady is, i was hoping you knew:( I was really excited to read this novel because the movie has been one of my favorites, and it didn't disappoint. i think the novel is better (given it is a tad more confusing..)

Also it seems the movie took out some of my favorite parts of the book.. oh well