Saturday, March 22, 2008

V for Vendetta Part 1

While reading the first part of V fro Vendetta I was surprised at the amount of detail available in this book. I had seen the movie a bunch of times and I have noticed how different the book is. I did not like too much how the books jumps around so much. It is hard to keep up in some areas and one needs to re read some areas to be able to keep up with all the characters and small details that pop up. Over all this part was quite good, I do prefer the movie since it was easier to follow but the book is a good alternative which gives you much more, both are different so I am glad I am reading both of them.

2 comments:

AReed said...

I haven't seen the movie yet, but i would agree with the fact that at times the book becomes very hard to follow. I am not sure of the detail the movie contains, but i would definately say that the book is loaded with it. While the book jumps around at times i would still say that is it very good because of the detail it contains. The detail adds to the mood and message each scene is trying to relay. Overall i thought because of the great amount of deatil that the first party was great!

Jewels said...

Yeah, I also like the movie more. I don't really feel like the story is too much the same, other than the relationship between V and Evey, and the mission V is trying to accomplish. Most of the other characters were skewed in the movie, but I don't have a major problem with that.