Wednesday, March 19, 2008

V for Vendetta

Read the first assignment for Vendetta and in an odd manner it reminded me of the Holocaust. The way people where moved to concentration camps or resettlement camps. They had inspections just like Nazi Germans had selektions and they even used derogatory terms, Prothero says "We has to do what we did. The Darkies, the Nancy Boys and the Beatniks...I was us or them." They even experimented with prisoners just like the Nazis did and called that the Medical Compound where 5 prisoners where taken and V was in door number 5. The similarities just caught my attention.
Moving to another part of the novel, where we find out that the Priest is a pedophile and the people in power are okay with it because he is an important asset that adds to their control over the country. And it made me sick when the Priest finds out that there is a new girl at the door that is 16 and he thinks she is old! how much younger girls has he abused? I can't imagine the trauma experienced by those kids.
And in a way V makes me feel a little bit uneducated, he is always quoting classics and has a quote in Latin in his little cave. He is a Renaissance man, and well, very cynic and sarcastic but a genius. I really like his character in the novel.
In book 2 page 91, i starts with a song and it was hillariuous because here is so much truth in the lyrics but delivered in a nonconventional manner.
I am really enjoying it.

1 comments:

rebekah said...

I also found the section about the priest to be very disturbing. How could anyone be so evil to the point where they harm and abuse innocent children? The sad things is that this happens in real life.