Thursday, March 27, 2008

Vendetta 3

I was particularly confused with the ending of the novel, and I much appreciated the beginning and middle parts, mainly up to where the dominoes begin to fall, literally and figuratively. It almost seemed rushed, in my opinion. Maybe that's what the author was going for. Throughout the book, you got the feeling that it was unlike anything I had ever read. Every time you expected the novel to take a certain path, and boom, it changes. I didn't expect V to so suddenly die, with little fanfare, and that Evey were to take over. I still liked the book very much, but the abrupt ending made me have to re-read it several times. I think that's often a sign of lazy writing. That's just my opinion.

3 comments:

Jem said...

That's cause the 3rd part had so much more in it then any other part. But I found V's death obvious. I mean he gave us a hint that he was going to die when he was showing Eve (not Evey anymore) all of the shadow gallery. I mean look at the last frame on page 223. I just hope that black hole is as good as V.

Jewels said...

I think that the abrupt ending has more of an effect of showing that the story isn't really over, but that it is a cycle. I think that's why Evey took V's place, and then she took a guy to the Shadow Gallery to take her place as the student. But that's just my opinion.

Liz said...

nic-nac-PATty wack-give a dog a bone

other than that, i thought the ending was good; it didnt confuse me really though, but i can certainly see how it could be confusing if you read it too quickly. i liked when evey blew stuff up.