Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Black Hole-Part I

Black Hole is weird, and I don't like it at all. I don't understand the social statement they are going for. Don't have sex as a teenager? Sorry, but people aren't going to listen to the message. It wouldn't matter if the story so far had some depth, but the first half of the book has basically been about smoking weed and having sex, and having a mouth on your neck. Now, those aren't bad things, but I was expecting much more from this so far. Consider me disappointed.

2 comments:

mccallgrimes said...

I was expecting much more as well, not sure what but definitley not this. It pretty much put me in a bad mood to read it

Nikolee said...

well it takes place in the 70's a time of "free love" and lots of drugs. Also in society AIDS was becoming more common in the US, but society was still extermely harsh on the infected. Much like with the AIDS the bug in the book is uncureable, once you have it you have...and if people found out you were shunned and completely put on the outside. Black hole is a social comentary on much more than teenage sex.