Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The End Marks the Beginning

Vendetta ended on a very subtle note, marking the unraveling of the last threads that the leader and his fascist fellows had weaved. The ending was more than perfect for the plot. After V had succeeded in destroying every sense of the establishment, Evey, the other characters, and all of humanity were left to build on the ashes or destroy eachother. It seems like the authors are trying to wreck havoc on the reader's sense of establishment, and sort of inspire a spirit of anarchy in it's place. I really enjoyed the complexity and mystery of the ending, almost to the point of feeling just like Evey in that now V is gone, and it's my turn to step up. I wish I had read this literature much sooner than my college freshman year, but now is just as good a time as ever I suppose. Great read.

0 comments: