Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Vocabulary of Comics

After reading McCloud’s Understanding Comics comic, I thought it was insightful in displaying the vastness of what a comic might be. I was really confused when I first looked at pictures with captions saying that it is not what the picture shows. I realized that through the icons that McCloud presents, that pictures and words can have a variety of meanings in other people’s eyes and perspectives. I particularly found it interesting about how human beings see themselves in lifeless objects.

3 comments:

patrickburns said...

I agree with what you say here. Most of the things you got from the piece is what I got from it as well... Good job, especially regarding the pictures and what they represent.

Jem said...

I agree with you on that. It was quite confusing with the this is a pipe but isn't a pipe and I do agree that it is quite amazing that we humans see ourselves in everything

Jay Redlingshafer said...

I agreed with how you felt about the whole drawing of the pipe thing, it was really confusing and I thought to be a little over explained