Thursday, March 20, 2008

V for Vendetta: -page 100

When I first started reading I didn't think I would like it much or be very interested. It seemed to go into great detail, but made it hard to understand. As I kept reading I found it very enjoyable and hard to put down though. Before starting to read this, I had no idea what to expect. I hadn't see the movie yet, and was very shocked to read in the first 100 pages all of the murders. On the cover it looks quite evil, but I didn't imagine it to be so corrupted. The character V though, still seems very hard to interpret. As one of the others say there is something either physically or mentally wrong with him. I am still not such about V as an overall character, but he is very very interesting and makes this novel thrilling.

1 comments:

rebekah said...

I agree about all the corruption. What I am trying to figure out is whether V is justified in his killings. As a reader one can't help, but feel that these governmental officials deserved to die. But what makes V think that he can take life away? Who made him God? One thing that I am curious about is how the story will change now that Eve is V. Will there be no more murders? Will she fail to accomplish V's dream?