Tuesday, March 25, 2008

V Part 2

I love this novel. The first thing I noticed about part two was the fact that Evey looks so much older. Just from being kicked out of the shadow gallery. In fact I thought she was someone else for awhile until Gordon said her name. I mean just sipping tea she looked like a 20 year old at least and not much time had passed. The biggest shocker had to be when Evey actually slept with Gordon and seemed to have lost that awkwardness that made it obvious she never slept with anyone before. It is time that she did kinda break, though it was a shame she did lose Gordon. Not exactly sure if she truly did love him or vice versa.
The torture thing should have been obvious. I mean I should have known it was V when it was a face in the shadow and that little V mask at the bottom of the page. And it's not surprising that the new Evey lasted as long as she did in "prison". I respect the new Evey cause I would have signed that paper, but then again I'm not nearly in the same situation as Evey and no where close to that lonely. All I know is the dominoes are about to fall and I'll probably finish by thursday.

1 comments:

Jewels said...

I don't know who wasn't shocked by Evey sleeping with Gordon. And I don't care how much older she looks now, she's still only 17! And how old is Gordon? Too old for her!
I will have to look back to see if I can see the mask in the shadow. I didn't notice it before.